May Updates & Notifications
- Notice of Special Board Meeting: Wednesday, May 18, 2022 @ 12:00 p.m.: Blackfoot Public Library & Rural Library District Budget Committee
- Notice of Regular Board Meeting: Monday, May 2, 2022 @ 5:00 p.m.: Blackfoot Public Library & Rural Library District Policy Committee
- Notice of Special Board Meeting: Monday, May 2, 2022 @ 5:00 p.m.: Blackfoot Public Library & Rural Library Strategic Plan Committee
- CHILDREN’S STORY TIME: Wednesdays @ 10 a.m.
- Lucy’s Ladies Book Club: Thursday, May 5, 2022 @ 6:45 p.m. The Keeper of Lost Things, by Ruth Hogan. The next book, American Dirt, by Jeanine Cummins, will be distributed at this meeting.
- For patrons that would like to continue picking up books curbside, we’ve got you covered! Just give us a call at 208-785-8628 and we will work out the details with you.
Upcoming Family Programming
Unfortunately we are anticipating a low water year, but we have some fun and informative programs to help educate you on ways to help our community address this problem.
Monday, May 16TH @ 6:00 p.m. there will be a program focussed on Water Conservation. There will be an activity at the library including a free activity bag to take home!
Monday, May 16TH @ 7:00 p.m. there will be a program addressing Xeriscaping: “a landscaping philosophy that uses as many native, drought-resistant plants as possible and arranges them in efficient, water-saving ways.”
Two Master Gardeners will be present to provide information about xeriscaping. We look forward to seeing you!
Blind Date With a Book Winners: Kayleen Leifson, Sandi Motor, Rachelle Hansen, Amy Soucie. If you have not picked up your box of Soda Mix cookies, hurry on in!
Name That Cookie: Heather Gwynn, Bentley Kendall, Tessa Barrow. These lucky winners received a bag of cookies from the library.
At the links below you will find our Meeting Room Policy and Meeting Room Application. In order to reserve a meeting room, we ask that you print the application and bring the completed paper copy into the library. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call us at 208-785-8628!
Are you ready for spring? You might enjoy this spring read-along that can also be checked out at the library! When Spring Comes, by Kevin Henkes***Don’t forget that in-person story time at the library resumes Wednesday, April 6th at 10:00 a.m.!***
Lucy’s Ladies Book Club
Lucy’s Ladies Book Club meetings are the first Thursday of every month at 6:45 p.m.; meetings will continue through June. You can grab a bookmark listing all the books from the library: (click image to enlarge)
January 6, 2022: Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff, by Richard Carlson
February 3, 2022: The Four Winds, by Kristin Hannah
March 3, 2022: The Book of Lost Friends, by Lisa Wingate
April 7, 2022: The Silent Patient, by Alex Michaelides
May 5, 2022: The Keeper of Lost Things, by Ruth Hogan
June 2, 2022: American Dirt, by Jeanine Cummins
Please feel free to give us a call at 208-785-8628 if you have any questions. We can’t wait to see you!
Use your email and create your own password on the first screen;
On the second screen enter your Pin which is your last name with the first letter capitalized.