June Updates & Notifications
- Notice of Meeting June 7, 2021: Blackfoot Public Library & Rural Library District Policy Committee
- Notice of Meeting June 7, 2021: Blackfoot Public Library & Rural Library District Regular Board Meeting & Annual Meeting
- Summer Reading Registration Week is coming up: June 14-17. The theme is “Imagine Your Story” and we are focusing on Fairy Tales! See details below.
- Friends of the Blackfoot Library will hold their book sale Thursday, June 17 from 11:00 a.m.- 6:30p.m.!
- VERY IMPORTANT CHANGES: Please see the announcement below. Our doors are open to in person visits again; we look forward to seeing you!
- For patrons that would like to continue picking up books curbside, we’ve got you covered! Just give us a call at 208-785-8628 and we will work out the details with you.
2021 Summer Reading Program
DIY Story Time: THINGS IN MOTION
Our current DIY Storytime kit theme is THINGS IN MOTION! Your kit will include: 4 books related to things in motion, 2 craft projects to make at home, 1 coloring page and an edible treat. We are sure these kits will spark an interest in learning more about things in motion.
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to drive a train? Thanks to YouTube you can have that experience- take a (virtual) ride on the Royal Gorge Route in Colorado…Enjoy!
To learn more about trains, log into your library account. (The Username is your library card number including the capital P at the beginning. The Password is your last name using a capital letter at the beginning. Once you are logged in, search “trains” to find other books you can check out!
Please call us at 208-785-8628 if you have questions or would like more details.
YAY! The wait is over…Blackfoot Public Library is open to the public again!
Which is Better- Book or Movie? You get to be the judge…In April- June you can check out book and movie matching titles. Then, head over to Facebook and vote on whether you like the book or movie better. Your vote enters you in a drawing that, if you win, entitles you to a buy one/get one free Blackfoot Movie Mill pass!
In December the Blackfoot Public Library is promoting the “Library Elf”- hurry in and sign up!